|The Friday Five
||[Sep. 9th, 2005|05:39 am]
|||||bored - damn insomnia||]|
Ok, so I ripped this idea off from someone elses random LJ. It was kinda interesting, but I think I would find other people's answers more interesting. Well, here it goes...
1) What was the first song you remember hearing and enjoying on the radio?
Oh god, I know it would be something from the 80's. Sadly enough, I am sure it was something by Michael Jackson. He was the shit back in the day. MJ today... no comment.
2) If you could only listen to five CDs for a year, which five would they be? (Boxed sets can count as one CD. Sigh.)
1. Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth
2. Nine Inch Nails - Broken
3. Nine Inch Nails - The Fragil
4. Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
5. Green Day - American Idiot
(Ok, I realize that I have a lot of NIN on there, but I guess, if it is only 5 CDs for an entire year, those would endure me the longest. Sadly, I would have to listen to the radio a LOT more.)
3) What was your favorite year, music-wise?
I would have to say 1997. It was the year I graduated HS and a lot of my favorite music came from around then.
4) If you could witness one historical music event through all time, what would you pick, and why?
Well, to be honest I would probably want to listen to something amazing and historical like the first public playing of the 5th Symphany by Beethoven. That would just be amazing and awe inspiring.
5) Do you have a song that never fails to cheer you up? What is it and why does it do that for you?
Well, I don't know about never failing, but oddly enough the song "Dancing with Myself" by Billy Idol seems to always make me sing along in good spirits. haha I so rarely listen to 80's music anymore, though.
Ok, now I am curious what everyone else's answers are. And if you read all that crap... you have to answer! (for some reason that made me think of the last rule of Fight Club... "If this is your first night at Fight Club, then you have to fight.")